I have always valued meeting other people in the space of compassionate enquiry, unconditional acceptance and stillness. And I love exploring what gets underneath our skin, what lies inside, at the root, in the bones, in our hearts. I am moved by assisting the truth spread its wings and fly. I feel connection to my humanness when i immerse myself in stories, both personal and archetypal and I am passionate about the process of reclaiming our freedom.
- I’m a register member of BACP (British council of counsellors & psychotherapists)
- I run a private counselling practice
- I’m a counsellor for SWEDA (Somerset & Wessex Eating Disorders Association) 2019 (ongoing)
- I’m trained in Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB Level 2, 3 & 4 diplomas (graduate of the acclaimed Sweet Track psycho-spiritual counselling school in Glastonbury)
- I’m a Priestess of Rhiannon (I’m trained in creating & holding ceremony and rites of passage for blessing-ways, births, marriages, divorces, deaths and all manner of major life events)
- I’m a holistic therapist & bodyworker
- I’m informed by 30 years of personal growth work attending workshops, classes, courses & festivals exploring authentic self, spirituality and whole-self wellbeing
- I’m informed by 28 years of parenting & grandparenting developing awareness around the developmental needs of child, teen and adult in order to live fully as the authentic whole self. I’m hugely grateful to the lifecoaching that this initiated in me.
In my therapy practice I am constantly developing a holistic trauma-informed approach to wellbeing. Current influences include Compassionate Enquiry (Gabor Mate), Psychosynthesis (Robert Assagioli), Internal family systems (Dr. Robert Swartz), Transactional analysis (Eric Berne), Jungian storytelling (Clarissa Pinkola Estes), Polyvagal theory (Dr. Stephen Porges), & Eco-therapy (Theodore Roszak), to name a few. This enquiry into theory and practice grows in response to what my clients bring.
I have a diverse perspective that fully includes a relationship to the trans-personal, the bigger picture, the spiritual world. I found myself living at a Tibetan Budhist Centre at 22 years old asking the bigger questions and have taken the squiggly route through my personal and professional life since then.
So give a flavour of this – I’ve been a theatre performer, reiki and crystal healer, massage therapist, bodyworker, developed a therapeutic aromatherapy range, co-created a herbs and superfoods business, raised a family, explored my humanity and spirituality and then came to counselling.
I think this life training helps me meet you in your diversity and support you to be truly absolutely uniquely your true authentic self.